How to use the IITA Herbicide Calculator:
- Enter the Dosage of the Herbicide to be sprayed in Liter per Hectare as recommended on the herbicide label
- Enter the Volume of Water dispensed on 10m x 10m plot. To get the Volume of Water sprayed on a 10m x 10m plot:
- Measure a plot of 10m x 10m =100m2
- Fill water in your knapsack spray tank and spray the measured area normally on a straight path with the nozzle height at your knee level.
- Enter the Volume of Water dispensed from your knapsack spray tank on the 10m x 10m plot.
- Enter the Capacity of your knapsack spray tank in Liters.
- Press Calculate Volume to get the exact dosage of the herbicide that should be added into your knapsack spray tank before filling the tank with water for spraying.